Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Kids got cabin fever? Do the Twist!

I don't know about the rest of the kids around the country, but the kids I care for are getting really stir crazy! It's been so cold in Wisconsin for so long that we haven't been able to get outside for way too long.

One of our favorite activities to burn off some of the bottled up energy is a sock hop! I pull out my CD of 50's hits and we twist, we bop, we shimmy. Sometimes we play freeze dancing and I randomly pause the CD and we invariably wind up in giggle fits at some of the poses the children are 'frozen' in, and I always make sure the pauses come more and more rapidly.

In the end we are panting and exhausted (a great activity just before lunch and nap time).

The kids absolutely love the 50's music. It's novel to them, and in the words of the dancers on American Bandstand, "It's got a great beat, and it's easy to dance to!"

No comments: